Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hedgehog Shortbread Cookies




This is a recipe I found on Pinterest.
To be honest I wasn't expecting mine to turn out...
 I figured I could make an ironic "nailed it" post,
but lo and behold they are not half bad.

What you need:
1 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 bag chocolate chips
sliced almonds

What you need to do:
Mix the butter and the sugar, add the egg and vanilla. In a different bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the rest, and mix well.

Squish the mixture into oval shapes with a point at the end for the hedgehog's nose. Put on cookie sheets and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-15 minutes; until a toothpick comes out clean. I chose to drizzle chocolate on the cookies rather then dip them, but either way would obviously work. Sprinkle almonds on the wet chocolate and dot the eyes and nose. 
*How I melted my chocolate: I put a bag of chocolate chips in a big ziplock bag and microwaved it at 15 seconds intervals until it was smooth. I cut a corner of the bag off to create a nice way to squeeze out chocolate and create dots for the face. 





No comments:

Post a Comment